Skip to main content

New DJI Mavic Air! Which drone should you buy?

So, a couple days ago, DJI released the DJI Mavic Air, which has a lot of features but still costs over $500 ($800). The Mavic Air is not intended to be a professional product, more like a personal product, a product that you would take to create cool videos of yourself or your family, your friends, whatever, just like the Mavic Pro, especially if you travel a lot.

The Mavic Pro was foldable (which means you can take it wherever you want) but too expensive (which means you can't buy it right away).
The DJI Spark was affordable but non-foldable (which means is not that easy to take it wherever you want without being damaged). Still, the DJI Spark was the best choice in terms of quality and price, especially with this new gesture-control technology, but you had to buy the remote separately to unlock the full experience of a drone.

Then, the Mavic Air came out, combinating those 2 key features of the previous models, finally having low price, gesture technology, full drone-experience with remote control included and being foldable.

Let's talk about these features...

I will tell you, of all of the new and old features, the ones that I find more interesting.

1. It's FOLDABLE. This is #1 because that's what people need, not everyone has a drone and not every person thinks a drone is necessary for personal usage, but now that is foldable, people start considering that this may be useful for making the travel experience even better, everything looks great with a drone-view and a background song. This is just the start, imagine this same year a foldable drone with all this tech around $500. That would be excellent. Should I tell you more? The remote is foldable too!

2. ActiveTrack. I've always loved this feature, is the best feature that a drone can have. With ActiveTrack, you can put the drone to follow you while you are either walking, running, jumping, cycling, etc. There are 3 different modes of ActiveTrack and you choose it depending on how you want it. All 3 of them are very useful.

3. SmartCapture. These are the gestures that I was talking about, only using your hands (without gloves or anything), you can control your drone! You can take photos, start recording, move farther, closer, land and simply control it (where the palm of your hand goes, your drone goes). This is a very useful features because you don't need to have the remote always in your hand, you can let the remote on the floor and take a group selfie, record a video with cool angles, land your drone safely...

4. Panoramas. These 32 MP Sphere Panoramas (360° photo) is a great feature, is like an extra. Actually, you don't need this feature in a drone, but they give it to you anyways. You can get your drone really high and see the whole world in only 1 photo, it's amazing. This feature you can contemplate it better with your DJI Googles.

5. Internal Storage. A very useful features for emergency cases. Imagine you're packing fast because you're late for whatever reason and you realize you forget the SD card, now all the footage that you were going to record is lost. That's not a problem anymore with the 8 GB Internal Storage that the Mavic Air has.

Those are the 5 features that I find more interesting, but there are other features that deserve their credit too, like:

6. Quickshots. Six different selfie drone videos to choose without any effort to make them possible.

7. 4K recording and HDR photos. Of course, a product of 2018 couldn't be 1080p.

8. TapFly. You tell the drone where to fly and at what speed, you can also set it up to make the drone go to an especific place.

9. Flight time. The 21-minute flight time you get is enough for getting your videos and photos taken.

10. APAS. Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) is perfect for beginners, the drone avoid obstacles and keeps flying in the same direction.

11. Slow-motion video. Slow-motion supports up to 1080p 120 fps video, which looks pretty cool.

12. Size. Is small, my hand is bigger than the drone.

Which drone would I buy?

Of course, I would buy the Mavic Air. The Spark is half the price of the Mavic Air, but the only reason that I'd buy the Mavic is because it's foldable and includes the remote. Yes, I'd rather buy 1 Mavic Air than 2 Sparks, just because of those 2 reasons.

Comment below what would you buy and why! I'm interested! You can download the iOS DJI GO 4 app here. I hope you liked this post, and if not, check out other posts here. Let the people know that you liked it by sharing it with your friends and family. Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter, so you're going to know everytime that I publish new articles. If you still don't know what drone you should buy, you can always use LiveChat, my #1 recommendation in cases like this.

Comments

loading...
Live Chat Software

Popular Posts

About me

Hey! I'm Angel and this is my first blog. So... you would like to learn if this is worth reading... I think is going to be fun, if not, comment what should I do to make it worth-reading. First, I am a dominican 17-years-old-guy that would like to share his thoughts with the World of Internet, I like sports, technology these days, YouTube, Apple devices... You know, the normal stuff. And that's it, I'm not going to tell you everything if that's what you're waiting for. My favorite sport is basketball but I don't have a "favorite team", I just like to see games of the teams that I think are most likely to succeed (and The Finals), like Warriors, Cavaliers, Celtics, Thunder... What do I mean by technology these days ? Technology these days is like all the new smartphones coming out, drones with even more tech (like the DJI Spark which is the one that I like the most), Apple TV and all the possibilities (I'm an Apple-fan but all Android users are a

New Apple device! Should you buy the HomePod?

A couple months ago, Apple announced that the HomePod would be coming on December 2017. It didn't, so most of us, Apple users, were waiting for the HomePod to come out. You can buy it already, but... Is it worth it? What is a HomePod? Basically, is a smart speaker that can also control your HomeKit-supported devices, like light bulbs, thermostast, locks, windows, everything. What can I do with it? You can put some music, either from Apple Music or Spotify (use Apple Music to have it's full potential, otherwise, it would not worth it), you can, like I said, control your smart devices, make hands-free calls (coming on a future update), connect 2 of them for streaming the same music through all the house (also on a future update), ask the News, Weather, read your text messages, anything. It's Siri in a speaker. Why should I buy it? You should buy it if: You have an Apple Music subscription. HomePod works way better with Apple Music, is not the same with Spotify, a

Should you buy the iPhone X? Which iPhone should I buy?

A couple days ago, I made a post about Android and iOS called " Android vs iOS! Which one is better? ". That would help you with the decision of choosing Android or iOS. But now, if you chosed iOS, I'll help you choose which iPhone you should buy. I'll mention iPhone after iPhone to let you know what you can do with every iPhone. iPhone X Starting with this guy, I already told you the big difference of this iPhone in this post. But now, I'll tell you why I would buy it and why not. I would buy it because: Is almost bezel-less. I love that screen and the gestures that controls it. Switching apps is way faster and easier than in an iPhone 6S when first launched. This would be the main reason why I would buy it. Face ID. Face ID is the latest technology of face recognition. It works really well and I love the features that comes with, and how does the notification shows, it's all perfectly calculated. Dual camera on the front and the back. Now, yo

30-day Trial!

Live Chat Software
loading...