Skip to main content

MacBook or PC?

It is a very tough question and it has a very difficult answer, but I will try to explain it here, ok?

Should I buy a Mac or a PC?

So, you guys know I am a fan of Apple, so you probably know my personal answer. But, why? A lot of people ask themselves what piece of hardware and software should they buy at the moment of buying a laptop. But most of them end buying a PC because of the price.

Is it really worth $250-$400 for a laptop with cheap performance?

Let's take a look at MacBooks these days:

MacBooks these days have 4 port, 3.1 Ghz dual-core Intel Core i5 (cheaper one with TouchBar and TouchID sensor), Turbo Boost up to 3.5 Ghz... That's pretty fast. Now, you should be asking yourselves: "Angel, that's awesome, but what is the price?". The price is $1799, yes $1800. This is the moment where a lot of people say: "Forget it, I'm buying a $450 laptop with almost the same tech specs except for the processor that may be 2.5 Ghz."

What about PCs?

Dual-core Intel Core i5, have USB port, maybe 2.5 Ghz for $400. That's actually pretty good.

We also have to take a look at the software, it's very important.

My experience using both softwares (OS X El Capitan and Windows 10).

Yes, it was in 2016. Here's the reason why I choose MacBook over PC. I actually don't choose the full MacBook specs over PCs, I choose the software, but running macOS High Sierra on a PC isn't just that great, you just don't have the feeling, I've tried it myself. The reason why I choose macOS over Windows isn't only the way you use it (you know I'm an Apple fan), is also the performance. Performance will actually depend on the tech specs that the device has, but also (I've noticed) it depends on the software.

Why I know this?

I had an old MacBook Unibody Aluminium 13-inch Late 2008. Is very old, the specs were pretty bad: 2 Ghz, 2 GB of RAM, 128 GB of space and Intel Core 2 duo. Imagine how "fast" that was. It was forcing the software (OS X El Capitan) to do the stuff I wanted to. It freezes and everything. But, keep reading...

When I started with a 13-inch Dell Inspiron, Intel Core i5 7th Gen, 8 GB of Ram and 1 TB of space, that was pretty good. I had a lot of expectations of this running like a Super Computer. After a week, all of my expectations went down. The software didn't feel anything like the Mac. That's when I realized that the software (Windows 10) was the problem.

"But, why would it be? This is an average laptop, it should run faster!"

I think you need a lot more if you want a PC to run like a Mac.

This is why I choose Mac over Windows. But...

What about the ports?

Hmmm... If you want the latest MacBook then you need to buy accesories for MacBook, wait until this start to sell or buy an older MacBook here. If you choose MacBook and don't have enough money then...

Are there any MacBooks that cost less than $1000?

Yes there are! That's the good news. I've seen MacBooks Pro Mid 2012 Intel Core i5, 8 GB of RAM and in Very Good Conditions for $720. You can always buy them here.

An older MacBook? Are you crazy?

For me, an older MacBook still worth it. I mean, macOS Sierra is available to 2009 Macs, imagine how long will it take for the Mid 2012 or late 2013 to be unable to update.

I am still not sure about buying a Mac.

If you're not sure about something, you can always use LiveChat, my #1 recommendation.



If you liked reading this article, share this with your friends, family all the people you know that would like it too. You can also read similar post clicking on the labels. ;) If you didn't like, then... Read other posts that I've published here. If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter (it's free!) and I will appreciate it a lot! Leave your comment let the people know that this blog can be fun and helpful! Have a nice day!

- Angel

Comments

loading...
Live Chat Software

Popular Posts

About me

Hey! I'm Angel and this is my first blog. So... you would like to learn if this is worth reading... I think is going to be fun, if not, comment what should I do to make it worth-reading. First, I am a dominican 17-years-old-guy that would like to share his thoughts with the World of Internet, I like sports, technology these days, YouTube, Apple devices... You know, the normal stuff. And that's it, I'm not going to tell you everything if that's what you're waiting for. My favorite sport is basketball but I don't have a "favorite team", I just like to see games of the teams that I think are most likely to succeed (and The Finals), like Warriors, Cavaliers, Celtics, Thunder... What do I mean by technology these days ? Technology these days is like all the new smartphones coming out, drones with even more tech (like the DJI Spark which is the one that I like the most), Apple TV and all the possibilities (I'm an Apple-fan but all Android users are a

New Apple device! Should you buy the HomePod?

A couple months ago, Apple announced that the HomePod would be coming on December 2017. It didn't, so most of us, Apple users, were waiting for the HomePod to come out. You can buy it already, but... Is it worth it? What is a HomePod? Basically, is a smart speaker that can also control your HomeKit-supported devices, like light bulbs, thermostast, locks, windows, everything. What can I do with it? You can put some music, either from Apple Music or Spotify (use Apple Music to have it's full potential, otherwise, it would not worth it), you can, like I said, control your smart devices, make hands-free calls (coming on a future update), connect 2 of them for streaming the same music through all the house (also on a future update), ask the News, Weather, read your text messages, anything. It's Siri in a speaker. Why should I buy it? You should buy it if: You have an Apple Music subscription. HomePod works way better with Apple Music, is not the same with Spotify, a

Should you buy the iPhone X? Which iPhone should I buy?

A couple days ago, I made a post about Android and iOS called " Android vs iOS! Which one is better? ". That would help you with the decision of choosing Android or iOS. But now, if you chosed iOS, I'll help you choose which iPhone you should buy. I'll mention iPhone after iPhone to let you know what you can do with every iPhone. iPhone X Starting with this guy, I already told you the big difference of this iPhone in this post. But now, I'll tell you why I would buy it and why not. I would buy it because: Is almost bezel-less. I love that screen and the gestures that controls it. Switching apps is way faster and easier than in an iPhone 6S when first launched. This would be the main reason why I would buy it. Face ID. Face ID is the latest technology of face recognition. It works really well and I love the features that comes with, and how does the notification shows, it's all perfectly calculated. Dual camera on the front and the back. Now, yo

30-day Trial!

Live Chat Software
loading...